Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My first attempt at pasta baking 11/11/10


Pei Yin posted a picture of her baked Italian pasta and got me salivating for it.
It looks so yummy and a look at the recipe and I am hook.
Vegetables cut, chicken breast marinated, pasta bought. Alarm clock set yesterday!
Oh no! It’s 6.55am, I woke up late…note to self get a louder alarm clock.
Ok boil the pasta with salt.. how much is 3 cups of pasta? How much salt to put?
Nevermind just put the whole 500gm in. Is 1 tbsp of salt enough?

Next brown the chicken with 4tbsp of olive oil, why still not brown yet after 10mins?
How come got more oil come out ??? Er.. better spoon the chicken out.
Ok put the garlic in… next throw the veg (I put 2 tomatoes in cubes, 1 capsicum cut in stripes, Hong Kong spinach & 1 can slice button mushroom) and sprinkle come salt in. Stir fry and let it wallow in the wok while I put garlic butter on the pasta. Note: 3 cups means half a packet. (Hmmm let mom think what to do with the rest of the pasta. Looks like I am having it for dinner and lunch tomorrow.)

Vegs are done, put 2 tbsp of tomato puree and mix. Now spoon the veg into the pasta and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Eeek! It’s 7.45am! Ok set oven to 230deg celcius and bake till 8am. Need to go to work!

Comments from colleques :- Pasta not enough salt, not enough tomato taste… must google how to put more tomato taste into my pasta. Put cabbage better than put HK spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment